Notes for Neighbors
Would you like to share your music with someone who is feeling lonely and isolated? UVMC is partnering with the Upper Valley Senior Center and several assisted living homes in the Upper Valley to make musical and personal connections between seniors who are isolated and UVMC students through music. Since we can’t visit senior centers or assisted living facilities to perform in person, we’ll share our music through pre-recorded, personalized videos.
- How? No special software needed; your computer’s webcam and microphone is all you need. UVMC has a new software program that will help us manage all the videos and deliver them to the right person.
- When? You can record your video at any time that is convenient for you. We are hoping to reach out to as many people as possible during the winter months of 2021 while Covid-19 levels and winter weather are exacerbating isolation.
- What music should you play? Any piece that is polished and ready to share. If you’re not sure, consult with your teacher or write back to us with questions.
- How long? The maximum video length is 5 minutes, which should include a short personal introduction. The whole recording process should take you less than 30 minutes.
- For whom? We will match you with a senior citizen from one of our partner organizations; your email instructions will include the person’s name.
If you’re interested, please complete the form below and we will start making connections.
If you know a senior citizen, or someone who is isolated due to COVID-19 and would benefit from a musical Note? Click the button to contact us and we can help make the connection!