- This event has passed.
Listening Party with Kathryn Lockwood
7:30 pm to 8:15 pm EDT
Join us for a live watch party of chamber music performances selected by violist Kathryn Lockwood, including her ensembles Lark Quartet and duoJalal. The event will be live on Zoom, and we will have the opportunity to speak with Kathryn about the music and her experiences performing.
Please RSVP to receive the Zoom login info.
We will watch videos of Kathryn’s ensembles, including Lark Quartet and duoJalal, playing excerpts of the following works-
- Haydn String Quartet No. 53 in D Major, Op. 64. – “The Lark”: Allegro Moderato
Dvorak Cypresses B 152 IX Thou Only Dear One, But for Thee
- Copland Two Pieces for String Quartet: 1. Lento Molto – Tranquillo Legato
- Sollima Viaggio in Italia | Brooklyn Public Library
- Kenji Bunch “Lost & Found”
- Enzo Rao “A Different World” (or Ziporyn)
- Somei Satoh “Birds in Warped Time”
- Evan Ziporyn “Honey from Alast”
- Anna Weesner “8 Lost Songs of Orlando Underground”
Kathryn Lockwood has been hailed as a violist of exceptional talents in reviews around the country and abroad for her performances as a chamber musician and soloist. Formerly a founding member of the Pacifica Quartet and for the past sixteen years, violist in the Lark Quartet, she currently performs in duoJalal with percussionist and husband Yousif Sheronick.
Kathryn is the Artistic Director for the “Four Seasons of Music” Series and the “Music@MoMA” Series and teaches at both the University of Massachusetts/Amherst and at the John Cali School of Music at Montclair State University. She has premiered, commissioned, and recorded solo and chamber works for duoJalal, Lark Quartet and Pacifica Quartet on Cedille, Bribie, Innova, Arabesque, and Bridge Records. Kathryn plays on an unknown Italian viola from the 18th Century Brescian School and performs during the summer for the Broyhill Chamber Ensemble in NC, Elm City ChamberFest in CT and at the Telluride ChamberFest in CO.